Friday, November 25, 2022

TLWS: Friday, Week Seventeen


 



Happy Black Friday, Friends!  Do you go out early on Black Friday and get in the midst of the hustle and bustle?  As a general rule, I don't.  We're thinking about going to a Christmas Bazaar at Lake Martin later today, but we're waiting to see whether or not it will rain.  Christmas is ONE MONTH from today!  

Did you enjoy this week's reflection?  I thought it was neat that it featured the Christmas story just in time for Advent.  :D

When I think back on all the times I truly had good intentions and things did not turn out as planned, I wish I'd had this lesson because I found it encouraging, especially Paul's words, above.


Prayer requests?

Here are a few from earlier in the week:

  • From Carla:  Sam and team have been deployed to Mogadishu. Al-Shabab is a growing terrorist threat.
  • Please pray for ALL the troops that continue to monitor and root out the terrorist that want to do the world harm.
  • Rita has a few praises:  For her bil, who is home from hospital and resting/recovering, for both her daughters and their families who are under the weather tested negative for flu, Covid & rsv, for her brother who is slowly healing from oral surgery. 
  • Praying everyone who travels or gathers with family this week will be held safely. 
  • Pray for Kris's husband Terry (career)
  • Please pray for Shelley.  She's sick, and she tested negative for everything, too, and we're treating it as a very bad cold.


Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill


2 comments

  1. There've been several times in my life where things didn't turn out as I may planned, but I always come back to the thought of I wouldn't be the person I am today if they had, and I kinda like who I am. So I am grateful for the plans God has had for me vs my own.
    I do not go out for Black Friday, and haven't even ordered anything. But, I do plan to go out for Small Business Saturday tomorrow to support some local artists.
    Praying for Shelley, that it leaves quickly and that the rest of you don't catch it. There are so many variations of this crud out there!
    Have a great weekend, everyone .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Friend,
    Thank you for adding the troops to the prayer list.
    It is always great to read Praise Reports. :-)
    Praying for Shelley... and the rest of the family.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.