Friday, November 4, 2022

TLWS: Friday, Week Fourteen

 



Happy Friday, Friends!  How has your week been?  Did you enjoy this week's lesson?  I loved it, and it truly humbled me.  God has done so much for us!  


We are asked to consider the actions God took in the following passage:

In a desert land he found him,
    in a barren and howling waste.
He shielded him and cared for him;
    he guarded him as the apple of his eye,
like an eagle that stirs up its nest
    and hovers over its young,
that spreads its wings to catch them
    and carries them aloft.
The Lord alone led him;
    no foreign god was with him.

He made him ride on the heights of the land
    and fed him with the fruit of the fields.
He nourished him with honey from the rock,
    and with oil from the flinty crag,
with curds and milk from herd and flock
    and with fattened lambs and goats,
with choice rams of Bashan
    and the finest kernels of wheat.
You drank the foaming blood of the grape.

~Deuteronomy 32:10-14


I must say I love the lyrical metaphors in these verses!  

We are also challenged to offer up to God our "empty jars" so we can see how he can use them.


Let's all try this and share how God takes something little from us and turns it into something huge.  God will make a way!


Prayer requests?

I've heard from several of you who also want to pray for our elections: local, state, and national.  Also, let's pray for our school board elections in particular because our nation's children are under attack.




Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill



3 comments

  1. Ricki Jill, I really like the MSG version you use for quoting verse. Today I ask all my prayers warriors to lift my brother-in-law who had bypass in July and diverticulitis in October. This morning he was rushed to the ER and had a colon resection. He is in ICU. I pray my jar will be filled with however I can help my sister's family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying for Rita and her family.
    I am praying for you Ricki Jill, may you continue to feel well.

    I thank you for sharing that we warriors must bend to our knees regarding this election. I was not happy in the way the President seemed to threaten the people of America, again in his latest speech. It is very difficult for me to understand a leader who approves the mutilation of children. I pray for those who have become Frankenstein Doctors, this subject makes me so upset. I apologize for becoming so dramatic, but I just for all the money in the world DO NOT understand this mutilation. We have a case going on here in Wisconsin regarding this, it breaks my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will continue to pray for Rita's brother in law, and I agree with Carla. I am praying for our nation and the elections. We need leaders that have morals and integrity. You, Ricki Jill, also continue to be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.