Friday, April 29, 2022

Friday, Week Thirty-Nine

 



Happy Friday, Friends!  I'm looking forward to a VERY relaxing weekend.  How about you?

Today's guided journaling prompt is:

Do you think of Jesus as a servant?  What feelings, thoughts, or images come to mind when you think about Jesus serving the disciples?


I do think of Jesus as a servant, and as serendipity would have it, this verse was part of my Bible Study yesterday:

"Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus,  who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God,  but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men.  And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross."  Philippians 2:5-8 (NKJV)

Yes, I think of Jesus as a servant who was obedient to His Father.  The image that comes to me is Jesus smiling while serving his beloved disciples.  I like thinking about Jesus smiling!




What about you?  What do you think?  And do you have any prayer requests? 

I hope all of you have a wonderful weekend.

Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill

4 comments

  1. I also think of Jesus as a servant, the most humble example ever, something I wish I was better at being. I get in my own way.
    Prayer request for the weekend: my daughters and granddaughter are traveling 3 hrs together for the new momma's first half marathon. I pray for travel mercies for my precious cargo, and for strength & stamina for my daughter's success in her efforts.
    I also pray for a former [vertical] neighbor's family. The wife and mother passed away yesterday (her 80th birthday) due to complications from long-term health issues.
    Here's to a restful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning and Happy Sunday. I do think of Jesus as a servant in the best way possible. We can serve each other in how we live our lives. Respect, kindness and love should be served up daily. Praying for Rita's daughters and granddaughter to have safe travels and success. Happy May. Have a wonderful week ahead. Prayers will continue for you sweet friend as you journey on with your treatments. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this post my friend.
    Hope you had a great weekend.
    I have a busy week ahead. I pray for balance.
    Thank you! Carla

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.