Friday, July 22, 2022

Friday, Week Fifty-One

 



Happy Friday, Friends!  How has your week been so far?  Do you have any special plans for the weekend?

This week's lesson and guided journaling was a tough one for me because it was very convicting.  Here's the writing prompt:


Write about someone in your life who is difficult to love.  What has been your strategy for loving this person?  Have you tried to force it?  Are you depending on God's love?  Have you given up?


Well, my answers are pitiful:  I haven't had one, yes, no, and yes.  But I'm trying to depend on God's love as a template for me, and I'm also trying to have more patience.  This is my plan moving forward.

What about you?








Prayer requests?  I know that there are many needs right now, so please post any requests and updates in comments.



Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill



3 comments

  1. Well, at least you're honest. I've had a few, and apparently I also need to use God's template because so far all I keep saying is at a certain time I plan on letting those know exactly how I feel. I hope I can turn those feelings around.
    Travel mercy prayer request for my sister's family who will all be traveling together this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving someone that has hurt you is hard. I am dealing with this right now. I forgave them but I am having a hard time wanting to like them. Prayers for Rita's sister and family as they travel. Hope you are doing better since surgery recovery. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, oh goodness, I am with Kris. I had someone hurt me, and I also forgave, but it is really hard to want to like them.
    Praying for all.. love all our Happy Warriors. Carla

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.