Friday, August 27, 2021

Friday, Week Four

 





I almost didn't post today.  I've been completely bewildered and saddened by the events this week.  Please remember to pray for Kitty's grandson Connor, a Marine serving in Afghanistan.  Please pray for Americans and Afghanis who have been left behind.  

We need to continue to pray 2 Chronicles 7:14 now more than ever!  



This week's prompt was unexpected, wasn't it!  


Does the idea of Jesus being happy, attending parties, smiling, and laughing make you uncomfortable?  Why or why not?


It definitely does not, and if anything it makes me want to enjoy life and celebrate as much as possible.  The fact that he performed his first miracle at a wedding reception means that Jesus cares about us socially, and doesn't want us to be embarrassed in front of friends and family.  Being socially awkward myself, I find this very comforting, not uncomfortable.

What about you?

Yesterday morning, I was led to read Psalm 5.  It was a blessing to me yesterday, and I hope it blesses you today.

Psalm 5

1 Listen to my words, Lord,
    consider my lament.
2 Hear my cry for help,
    my King and my God,
    for to you I pray.

3 In the morning, Lord, you hear my voice;
    in the morning I lay my requests before you
    and wait expectantly.
4 For you are not a God who is pleased with wickedness;
    with you, evil people are not welcome.
5 The arrogant cannot stand
    in your presence.
You hate all who do wrong;
6     you destroy those who tell lies.
The bloodthirsty and deceitful
    you, Lord, detest.
7 But I, by your great love,
    can come into your house;
in reverence I bow down
    toward your holy temple.

8 Lead me, Lord, in your righteousness
    because of my enemies—
    make your way straight before me.
9 Not a word from their mouth can be trusted;
    their heart is filled with malice.
Their throat is an open grave;
    with their tongues they tell lies.
10 Declare them guilty, O God!
    Let their intrigues be their downfall.
Banish them for their many sins,
    for they have rebelled against you.
11 But let all who take refuge in you be glad;
    let them ever sing for joy.
Spread your protection over them,
    that those who love your name may rejoice in you.

12 Surely, Lord, you bless the righteous;
    you surround them with your favor as with a shield.


Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill





6 comments

  1. Ricki Jill, thank you for posting this Psalm! It is so full of hope. I so look forward to this page's posts, and actually miss our Tu-Th time we had, so please don't let the outside events keep you from posting. I immediately thought of Connor yesterday when I saw the news, and started praying. I know Kitty's family had not heard anything as of yesterday evening. We know that prayers do get answered, so we must use our synergy to focus on our requests. My daughter and her husband are living answered prayers from recent requests, and I acknowledge that each day. Thank you! Also, let's add LA and all of our states who will be in the path of Ida this weekend and next week. Be safe, and keep us updated. Hugs, Rita
    Oh, and no, absolutely not, the thought of Jesus being happy and enjoying parties does NOT make me uncomfortable, just the opposite. I see him as a great mixer among crowds, one who many enjoy bein around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Connor is in Kuwait! God is good! Praise Him! I have been following Ida, and I'm so thankful our entire family evacuated out of New Orleans.

      Delete
  2. Thank you Ricki Jill for posting this! It is discouraging what is going on in the world for sure. We must all remember that God has overcome the world and holdfast to this positive knowing and pray from that standpoint ! I also am encouraged to think of Jesus happy and enjoying parties with people , it does fill one with hope. Many Blessings to you, I continue to pray the prayers, Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you for your encouraging comment and reminder about God's sovereignty and victory!

      Delete
  3. THANK YOU for sharing Psalm 5.
    I have been very sad this week. I know that I may never see justice be done. So I really need to be patient. But I want to see it so badly to those who are destroying GOOD.
    I need to breathe and remember GOD is still on the THRONE!

    Thank you for posting.. do not stop my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for being such an encourager. Our relationship with God is through justice, and God is a just God. Thanks for the reminder that His justice is eternal.

      Delete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.