Monday, August 2, 2021

Monday, Week One

 


Abbott Handerson Thayer 
Angel 
1887 
oil on canvas
36" X 28" 
Smithsonian American Art Museum 
Gift of John Gellatly, 1929


And the angel said to them, "Be not afraid; for behold, I bring you good news of a great joy which will come to all the people;  for to you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord."
Luke 2:10-11 (RSV)


Happy August, Friends!  I have been so excited all weekend about our new adventure in Bible journaling.  I'd like to thank Carla for helping me think of another title and tagline for the blog.  

I love how our journey begins, with CHRISTMAS!  :D  Our prompt for this week is "what does happiness mean to you."  I look forward to reading everyone's comments today as we begin, and Friday when we come back and share what we've learned.

Please leave prayer requests in the Comments Section below, and remember to check during the week so we can pray together.




Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill




8 comments

  1. Happy August! What a beautiful Angel depiction! Happy Warriors, I will start with saying my happiness is rooted in family. From my earliest memories to most recent, family was/is central, whether it's in gatherings, helping those in need, or sharing their life trials and successes. In everyday life and living, I am happy with carving some time for devotion, keeping my home clean and organized, and even simply consuming groceries purchased vs throwing things away. Little things mean a lot. Have a great week, everyone!
    Praises today - my sister-in-law's surgery outcome has progressed to where she may be discharged today (!), and my daughter's pregnancy remains healthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love your praises you shared with us! I can tell that about you, that you find joy in prioritizing your family. I've learned that about you over the course of this past year. I'm looking forward to reading what you share on Friday!

      Delete
  2. Hello,
    My happiness comes from spending time with my family. I have been blessed with a wonderful husband who is my best friend as well. We are blessed to have two boys. My family has all girls, so our two boys were a great deal of fun for our family. Sam and Atticus are true gifts God gave Jeremy and I. I am thankful for the relationship we have with them as they are now young adult men.
    Spending time with my family gives me great joy. I also enjoy nature and looking at what God has blessed us with in nature. It all is so amazing. He is a GOOD GOD to give us such gifts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God is good, and I love reading about your sons because we are all girls over here except for my husband. Same thing like your family: all my cousins are girls, too.

      Delete
  3. I think you have a theme going here with us. My family is the center of my world and heart. I had such female issues early on in life and the ob told me I would probably never have children. God was good and listen to my prayers and gave me two beautiful daughters when the medical professionals gave up on me. For his gifts of my daughters and now grand daughters I will forever be grateful. I have a beautiful family and wonderful soul mate in my life. I have always loved this angel painting by Thayer. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL me, too! I love the theme of family. So much love on this thread!

      Delete
  4. Happy warriors is lovely. I love the angels quote. Family is so important. We just had family over this last week and it was so fun. Happy week ahead. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so sweet reading about the love for family you dynamic women are sharing....y'all are making me smile all week! Thanks for visiting, Linda!

      Delete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.