Thursday, August 19, 2021

Prayer Requests 8/19/21

 





Hello, Sweet Friends!  :D  If I feel led to pop in during the middle of the week, I will from time to time, especially if there are prayer needs.

Monday's post has a thread with several prayer requests: It has been a busy week for the families represented here!  Below is a synopsis:

  • Rita has a beautiful new granddaughter.
  • Both of Carla's sons are facing new challenges (Atticus is attending automotive school, and Sam has been working at Fort McCoy where refugees from Afghanistan will be housed.)
  • Kris's son-in-law needs our prayers: he needs medical clearance for work.
  • Kitty's grandson Connor, a Marine, may be deployed soon.
  • Our daughter Shelley will be traveling far away with friends, and she needs travel mercies.
  • Also, there are unspoken prayer requests from those who follow but do not leave comments.

Let's pray Psalm 91 over our families!  Lately I've been reading the Modern English Version.

Psalm 91

1 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
    shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress,
    my God in whom I trust.”

3 Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the hunter
    and from the deadly pestilence.
4 He shall cover you with His feathers,
    and under His wings you shall find protection;
    His faithfulness shall be your shield and wall.
5 You shall not be afraid of the terror by night,
    nor of the arrow that flies by day;
6 nor of the pestilence that pursues in darkness,
    nor of the destruction that strikes at noonday.
7 A thousand may fall at your side
    and ten thousand at your right hand,
    but it shall not come near you.
8 Only with your eyes shall you behold
    and see the reward of the wicked.

9 Because you have made the Lord, who is my refuge,
    even the Most High, your dwelling,
10 there shall be no evil befall you,
    neither shall any plague come near your tent;
11 for He shall give His angels charge over you
    to guard you in all your ways.
12 They shall bear you up in their hands,
    lest you strike your foot against a stone.
13 You shall tread upon the lion and adder;
    the young lion and the serpent you shall trample underfoot.

14 Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him;
    I will set him on high, because he has known My name.
15 He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him;
    I will be with him in trouble,
    and I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life I will satisfy him
    and show him My salvation.

Also, let's pray 2 Chronicles 7:14 for our country, and pray that God will send his angels to protect Americans in Afghanistan as well as Christian missionaries.  Thank-you, Happy Prayer Warriors!  

Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill


4 comments

  1. Thank you .. I am praying.
    At this time Sam is on standby as they prepare what will be needed at Fort McCoy. I will keep you updated as I know more.
    Thank you for the prayers.

    Praise Report ~ Atticus has enjoyed his fist few days of classes. He is excited to learn and excel. He plans to get Subaru certified.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you are so proud of Atticus. I'm happy for him that he's enjoying his classes so far! What a blessing!
      Keep us posted about Fort McCoy!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the prayers. So far so good with my SIL. Not as bad as we thought. The neurologist cleared him to go back only after a month off instead of 6months. God is good and hears our prayers. Happy Friday. Have a great weekend. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you have a restful weekend after caring for your family for the past week. I hope the girls are having a super back to school experience, and I know you're thankful about your SIL's good news. God is so good, yes!

      Delete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.