Friday, August 20, 2021

Friday, Week Three

 



Hello, Friends!  It's been quite a week so far.  I want to thank y'all for being such dedicated prayer warriors.  Y'all are truly an inspiration! 

This week's prompt:

Write about a time you did something kind for someone else.  What motivated you to do this?  How did it make you feel?

I joined the Landscape Committee in our neighborhood to help with tornado clean-up.  This job has been bigger than all of us, honestly, but the kind thing I did for the committee is volunteer to take meeting minutes.  The lady who normally takes minutes is also in charge of trees, and she is overwhelmed with residents contacted us about trees that need to come down before they fall.  I did it to help out because that's something I know how to do, and it made me feel like I could contribute in a positive way.  It's a very small thing, but it's the most recent act of kindness I've done.

What about you?  I look forward to reading your answers in the comments section below.







Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill




6 comments

  1. Your act of kindness to help out your fellow neighbor is true to you. Your heart and giving soul helps so many. Doing these blog posts helps more than you can imagine. So happy God puts people like you RJ in our paths. Thank you sweet friend for all you do. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're truly an encourager, and I'm so appreciative of you and your kind comments and emails. I hope you have the very best weekend!

      Delete
  2. RJ, I'll echo Kris in saying you have definitely been put in my path at the right time. I joined this page just as I was really getting entrenched in helping my brother, and it has been ongoing for not only this past year, but a year prior to that. Like you're doing for your Landscape Committee, I took on being secretary for my HOA. As a new Mimi, I tried to help my daughter and her family as much as I could this past week (I'm still trying to get caught up on rest!), and plan on making some meals for her starting tomorrow. I hope nm you have a wonderful weekend. Thank you for all your prayers for my requests. I feel very blessed knowing so many friends prayed for my daughter. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate all of y'all's kinds comments....you are truly encouraging me, and I appreciate it!

      Delete
  3. Hi, I also agree with Kris and Rita. RJ, you are very special. Thank you for the prayers for our family.

    I recently donated a large bouquet of flowers to a Garden Tea. The person in charge was all ready to pay me. When I said, "No, this is a donation, she was so happy." I know the organization the Garden Tea was helping is for a good cause as well. And the more help it can get the better.

    Thank you again. Carla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it lovely you can donate such a lovely gift to a worthy organization. I know it was very much appreciated. Your bouquets are so pretty. I wish I lived close enough to you to subscribe!

      Delete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.