Sunday, August 29, 2021

Sunday Scripture and Prayer Requests

 



Happy Sunday, Friends!  I have a few prayer requests and scripture for today.

Please pray for:

  • Our Gold Star Families, that the Holy Spirit will comfort them
  • Safety and safe passage for Americans remaining in Afghanistan
  • Citizens in harms way due to Hurricane Ida, especially our first responders
  • Bold, courageous, and righteous military leaders

My sister-in-law and her family have evacuated from New Orleans and are currently in Mobile, Alabama.  They lost their home and everything in it during Katrina.  My SIL is not taking things well, so please pray for her.

We have a praise:  Kitty's grandson Connor is in Kuwait, thanks be to God.

God is good.  Always.


Psalm 86

1 Hear me, Lord, and answer me,
    for I am poor and needy.
2 Guard my life, for I am faithful to you;
    save your servant who trusts in you.
You are my God; 3 have mercy on me, Lord,
    for I call to you all day long.
4 Bring joy to your servant, Lord,
    for I put my trust in you.

5 You, Lord, are forgiving and good,
    abounding in love to all who call to you.
6 Hear my prayer, Lord;
    listen to my cry for mercy.
7 When I am in distress, I call to you,
    because you answer me.

8 Among the gods there is none like you, Lord;
    no deeds can compare with yours.
9 All the nations you have made
    will come and worship before you, Lord;
    they will bring glory to your name.
10 For you are great and do marvelous deeds;
    you alone are God.

11 Teach me your way, Lord,
    that I may rely on your faithfulness;
give me an undivided heart,
    that I may fear your name.
12 I will praise you, Lord my God, with all my heart;
    I will glorify your name forever.
13 For great is your love toward me;
    you have delivered me from the depths,
    from the realm of the dead.

14 Arrogant foes are attacking me, O God;
    ruthless people are trying to kill me—
    they have no regard for you.
15 But you, Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God,
    slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness.
16 Turn to me and have mercy on me;
    show your strength in behalf of your servant;
save me, because I serve you
    just as my mother did.
17 Give me a sign of your goodness,
    that my enemies may see it and be put to shame,
    for you, Lord, have helped me and comforted me.



Have a blessed Sunday, Friends!

Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill






2 comments

  1. RJ, I'm just now seeing this, but thank you for sharing it. Praising God for Connor's safe passage and our hoping with our final plane's exit, all who wanted to get out have, and that those who still remain will find ways out through our allies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying with you.. thank you for the update on Connor.
    Please keep us updated on your family.
    Lots of Love,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.