Friday, August 13, 2021

Friday, Week Two

 



Happy Friday, Friends!  How has your week been so far?  Have you been thinking about this week's prompt?  Here it is:





I try to be an optimist, but I have struggled with that lately because of what's happening in our country.  If you are unfamiliar with the following terms, you need to acquaint yourself with them:

  • color revolution
  • the great reset
  • build back better

The forces behind these changes are not friends of democracy nor our Republic.  So in answer to this week's prompt, I'd say that I haven't been truly happy since I discovered how our country is being stolen from us.  I still have joy, but my happiness has been hindered due to anger, anxiety, and worry.

But I am getting a bit more optimistic and happy.  I read a great meme the other day that said  when you're just waking up, and you're concerned or sad (about the bullet list above in my case), remember Jesus's last words on the cross:  "It is finished."

Game over.  Christ wins!

The good guys are winning in the spiritual realm.  I am praying to see evidence in the natural world.

Reminder:  Please remember to pray 2 Chronicles 7:14 for our country at 7:14 daily.  Set your clocks!  Prayer is the best offense in this spiritual war.





We're traveling this weekend, so I would truly appreciate your praying for travel mercies for us.

Do you have any prayer requests?


Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill


7 comments

  1. Amen, sister. My concerns this week have been on the local level of exactly what you've written, and I am taking a stand! The latter part of my week was better simply because I took action, and rallied others to do the same!
    My happiest times are always with family and knowing they are each doing well. I know there is power greater than what's on this earth because my prayers do get answered in His time. Safe travels and happy times with you and yours this weekend. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you, Rita. We've had happy times this spring and summer spending time with family. I agree with you that my happiest times are also spent with family. I also agree that God answers our prayers on His time and NOT mine...but I know better than to pray for patience, so instead I'm praying for mercy!

      Delete
  2. Safe travels and prayers it is a smooth and uneventful journey. My happiest times are thinking of my blessings in life which the best are my family and friends. I think how lucky I am to have my two daughters when they told me years ago I would never have. With this great blessing from God I have been graced with more blessings. Making our family grow bigger with grandchildren makes my heart sing. Happy Weekend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are definitely blessed, My Friend. I can't wait to become a grandmother :D

      Delete
  3. AMEN my dear friend.
    I will be honest and I have felt the same way.. waking up to a ZOMBIE WORLD.. is what I say each day. I press on, but sometimes I just feel so sad for our nation.

    We are going backwards instead of forward!!!!!!

    My happiest times are with my family and friends. I met up with my sister recently, and the big belly laughs we shared were the best. I will see my son Sam on Tuesday. Each one of these visits with family and friends are true blessings.


    I noticed that we all shared "FAMILY" and that is exactly what the LEFT is trying to destroy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the tenants of Marxism is the destruction of the nuclear family. We just need to continue to get involved locally and pray 2 Chronicles 7:14 daily.

      Delete
  4. I absolutely love how all of y'all value your time with family and have such gratitude about them. I'm in total agreement!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.