Monday, August 30, 2021

Monday, Week 5

 



Good Morning, Friends! 
Sorry I'm a bit late this morning.  Everyone is moving a bit more slowly here this AM.
Coffee shall be made momentarily!


I'm already reflecting on this week's guided journaling prompt.  It's definitely a timely one!  I hope y'all have a good week, and remember you can always leave prayer requests in the comments section.

I've been in contact with several of you over the weekend, and I have another Psalm to share.  I'll be praying this one during devotion time this morning.





Psalm 82

1 The True God stands to preside over the heavenly council.
    He pronounces judgment on the so-called gods.
2 He asks: “How long will you judge dishonestly
    and be partial to the wicked?”

[pause]

3 “Stand up for the poor and the orphan;
    advocate for the rights of the afflicted and those in need.
4 Deliver the poor and the needy;
    rescue them from their evil oppressors.”

5 These bullies are ignorant; they have no understanding of My ways.
    So as they walk in darkness,
    the foundations of the earth tremble.

6 I said, “Though you are gods[b]
    and children of the Most High,
7 You will die no differently than any mortal;
    you will fall like one of the princes.”

8 Rise up, O True God; judge the rulers of the earth,
    for all the nations are Yours.

(THE VOICE)

NOTE: [b] John 10:24  Jesus: You know what is written in the Scriptures. Doesn’t it read, “I said, you are gods”?  

The use of the word "gods" here is best taken as a reference to human judges, who stand in the place of God in their ability to determine the fate of others.





Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill


3 comments

  1. Happy New Week sweet friend. Thank you for your time to post these and all the prayers. So appreciated. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read week 5 of our Happy Today and immediately thought to myself I have some work to do this week! I can easily be distracted by negative circumstances. Working to try to make negative things better and prayer is my way through them. Thank you for this Psalm. I hope your sil has been spared of her home in NOLA and that those prayers have been answered.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the prayers.

    Jesus spoke the Truth... I plan to do the same. I will not give up on my Faith.

    Carla

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.