Friday, December 3, 2021

Friday, Week Eighteen

 



Happy Friday, Dear Friends!  

How did the week go for y'all?  Did you struggle with the Mary/Martha dichotomy?
I must say that although we've been busy this week, I have been able to spend a lot of time in God's Word, which has been nice.  Christmas will be special this year, although simpler.  

Let's take a look at this week's prompt:

Write about how you identify with Martha.  Do you ever crave recognition?  How do you feel when you don't get the recognition you think you deserve?


I think recognition was much more important to me when I was younger.  I think this is true when I first started blogging, too, and social media never helped.  

In the past, I always felt slighted when I didn't receive the recognition I thought I deserved, whether it was at home, work, or in organizations.  I'm not nearly as bad as I used to be, thank goodness!  

What about you?



Prayer requests or praises?


Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill


4 comments

  1. I would say recognition mattered to me more in my younger days also, especially in my work career. I am happy to be older and wiser, and just want to pray for my daughters - our daughters (and sons) - that they will grow wiser too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we all like to be recognized in some small way. Yes, as we get older and hopefully wiser, we just need to do good for the sake of doing what’s right and good in God’s eyes. That’s really all that matters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we all want approval no matter what age especially as women. I have learned in my 63 years that approval is not as important as loving myself. When we live our lives to please God and our own hearts and not worry what others think is a great lesson for me to have learned. Happy Saturday. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have only recently learned to be gentle with myself, but can get stuck in a rut at times and beat myself up.
    Have a blessed weekend.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.