Friday, December 24, 2021

Friday, Week Twenty-One

 
Happy Christmas Eve, Friends!  I am so happy that Shanley Belle and Christopher are flying home today.  Please remember them in your prayers (travel mercies) as they fly through the Atlanta airport, the busiest airport supposedly this weekend.

This week's writing prompt:

Whom do you consider more important than you?  Whom do you consider less important than you?  Reflect on why this is.


The Triune God are the most important.  And God so loved the WORLD that he sent his one and only Son to save us means that we are all equal in god's eyes.  I have gotten much better about not looking down on people as I've gotten older, and this attitude does lend itself to happiness.







I want to share some scripture with you that dovetails nicely with what we've been studying lately in this chapter, of finding happiness in humility:

Who is wise and understanding among you? Let them show it by their good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom.  But if you harbor bitter envy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast about it or deny the truth.  Such “wisdom” does not come down from heaven but is earthly, unspiritual, demonic.  For where you have envy and selfish ambition, there you find disorder and every evil practice.
~James 3:13-16

Yeah, I don't think demonic wisdom is for me.  Harsh reality, isn't it!

I hope y'all have a very Merry Christmas.  I am so blessed to have you ladies in my life.  Do you have any prayer requests or updates?


Until next time...

Merry Christmas!
Ricki Jill


Post a Comment

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.