Friday, December 10, 2021

Friday, Week Nineteen

 


Happy Friday, Friends!  How is your week going?  Are you ready for the weekend?  I know I am!  I want to paint and create in the art studio for most of the weekend.

This week's journaling prompt is very thought-provoking and convicting.  Let's take a look:

Even the good deeds we do in the name of Christ cam secretly be for ourselves.  Have you done an act of service that was actually motivated by selfish ambition?  Write about that experience and how it affected your happiness.

When our oldest daughter was attending a private Christian school, I volunteered for a few events to help the school, but I also did it to make friends and "fit in."  I did not have the purest of motives, and it definitely did not make me happy.  Eventually I joined a small group of two other "prayer moms" and I was much happier because I didn't feel like I was performing for others, and I could be myself with these sweet, faithful women.  

What about you?



Lately we've had some specific prayer requests.  Any updates?  Any new requests?


Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill


3 comments

  1. Yes, I know I've done the same in my past. I did make some good friends of each situation, though, so I suppose there was still good in that I recognize that now.
    I have a prayer request for my daughter (thr new mama), that she knows she can trust God's plan for her when her heart is troubled. She's had a really hard week.
    I hope your weekend is full of creative happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Friend,
    I am praying for Rita's daughter. Goodness, that is such a difficult decision.
    I was blessed to be able to be a stay at home mom.. I am so THANKFUL for that time. We also homeschooled.. and again I AM SO THANKFUL for that.

    Praying for Rita's daughter.
    Enjoy the weekend!!! May you enjoy our art time. :-)
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im praying for Rita’s daughter, also. May she trust God and His plan for her. I would like to offer a prayer of Thanksgiving for my son, Mike, who has a new job that he started this week. Thank you, dear Jesus, for this wonderful blessing. Amen 🙏🏻

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.