Friday, November 6, 2020

November 6, 2020

 


I'm probably going to decorate for Christmas this weekend.



"The one who sent me is with me; he has not left me alone, for I always do what pleases him."
John 8:29

"By faith Enoch was taken from this life, so that he did not experience death: 'He could not be found, because God had taken him away.'  For before he was taken, he was commended as one who pleased God. And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.
Hebrews 11:5-6

"Take delight in the Lord,
    and he will give you the desires of your heart."
Psalm 37:4

This has been a tremendously stressful year.  Many of us have sought His Presence more and more as a means of not only survival, but of finding joy.  


My prayer for us today is that we will earnestly seek Him and find joy!


Do you have any prayer requests?  

UPDATE:  Earlier I had the wrong verse from Psalm 34 instead of 37.  Sorry about the mistake.  I love the 37th Psalm, and here's a freebie:


A little while, and the wicked will be no more;
    though you look for them, they will not be found.
Psalm 37:10


Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill


2 comments

  1. I hope to start decorating early next week. It is my happy distraction to make things pretty to look at as I move through the condo each day. It brings me joy and keeps me focused on more positivity. It has been a stressful year, and I definitely have leaned more into my faith to help get me through and hope that kindness will eventually prevail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun this weekend getting your decorating going. Something hopeful that will bring you joy. Yay!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.