Saturday, November 7, 2020

November 7, 2020



Leonardo da Vinci
La Scapigliata (Woman with disheveled hair)
Although this painting is incomplete, it is a lovely example of sfumato mastery.


"Give unto the Lord the glory due to His name;
Worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness."
Psalm 29:2 (NKJV)

"One thing I ask from the Lord,
    this only do I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the Lord
    all the days of my life,
to gaze on the beauty of the Lord
    and to seek him in his temple."
Psalm 27:4

The one thing I take away from this devo is that there is a holy standard for beauty.  That's important to me as an artist as well as a Christian.  What passes as "art" today is neither beautiful nor holy.

What are your thoughts about today's devo?


Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill


Post a Comment

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.