Tuesday, December 1, 2020

December 1, 2020

 


My Christmas present to myself



"The Lord appeared to us in the past, saying:

'I have loved you with an everlasting love;
    I have drawn you with unfailing kindness.' "
Jeremiah 31:3


"Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,
    for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
    great is your faithfulness.
I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion;
    therefore I will wait for him.”

The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him,
    to the one who seeks him;
it is good to wait quietly
    for the salvation of the Lord."
Lamentations 3:22-26

I loved today's devo, and my prayer for us today is we will make time during this Advent Season to be still in His Presence.  After all, the premise of Jesus Calling is "enjoying peace in his presence."  I will admit that I find it even more difficult to be still this time of year, so I've decided to wake up earlier during the month of December.  

How do you find the extra time during this busy season to spend with Christ?  I could use some help here!


Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill






2 comments

  1. RJ, I'm at a loss for how to spend extra time with Christ. With a racing mind, I'm all over the place in prayer. But, for what it's worth (a lot to me!), when I wake up in the middle of the night, that seems to be my best time. I love your new gift to yourself. Prompts always help me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am like Rita I find my best time to pray is during the night when I wake and my mind is racing on things that I worry about. This gives my mind peace and me peace to finally go back to sleep. Love the new book for Christmas. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.