Wednesday, December 9, 2020

December 9, 2020

 


Silverpoint on silverpoint ground-treated paper 


"Even though I walk
    through the darkest valley,
I will fear no evil,
    for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
    they comfort me."
Psalm 23:4

"Those who know your name trust in you,
    for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you."
Psalm 9:10

"Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me."
John 12:26

Are you often called out of your comfort zone?  I was convicted when I read this quote from the devo today:


"Your desire to live a risk-free life is a form of unbelief."

Although I know that the quote was not a direct quote from the Bible, it is a biblical principle.  The one that sticks out in my mind about taking risks for Christ is:

"Then Jesus said to his disciples, 'Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me...' "  Matthew 16:24

Sorry I got a little wordy today....today's devo struck a nerve with me.


Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill

2 comments

  1. Today's devotion also struck a resonant chord with me. I am also following Luke through the Christmas season, and Chapter 9:57-62 echos this same message.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, and I see that I need to be even more brave and loud in the name of Jesus today.
    Thank you for sharing your heart with us too.
    Love, Carla

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.