Saturday, December 19, 2020

December 19, 2020

 



"Commit to the Lord whatever you do,
    and he will establish your plans."
Proverbs 16:3

"But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well."
Matthew 6:33






Today's devo reminds me of an experiment I used to do with my students.  I took 2 cups of  unshelled walnuts, which represents what God wants us to do, and a cup of rice, which represents what I want to do.  When I placed the rice in a 2 cup measuring cup first, the walnuts (what God wants us to do) doesn't fit.  BUT, when I placed the walnuts in first, and then added the rice (what I want to do), then the rice fills-in around the walnuts, and there is time for everything!

It's a hard balance, isn't it!


Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill




1 comment

  1. Love this today. Yep if we do what is right by God and then add in a little of what we want it makes for a perfect balance. That is a great experiment you did with the kids. Love that analogy. Have a great weekend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.