Thursday, September 10, 2020

September 10, 2020

 

This is called a prayer plant.  The leaves turn upward in the evening, like the little plant is praying evening vespers.
They're little reminders for us to pray at the end of the day.


"...Though the mountains be shaken
    and the hills be removed,
yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken
    nor my covenant of peace be removed,”
    says the Lord, who has compassion on you."
Isaiah 54:10

" 'I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.' "
Genesis 28:15

"...and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."
Matthew 28:20

The scripture from Genesis is part of the story when Jacob saw the stairway to heaven with the angels ascending and descending (Jacob's ladder).  He was definitely a trickster in his early life, but he was still blessed once he wrestled with God and admitted to his dependence on Him.  Praise God for his compassion! 

Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill


1 comment

  1. What a sweet plant. Love it. Happy Thursday have a wonderful day. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.