Thursday, September 17, 2020

September 17, 2020

 



"Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you."
1 Peter 5:6

"In their hearts humans plan their course,
    but the Lord establishes their steps."
Proverbs 16:9

"Commit your way to the Lord,
Trust also in Him,
And He shall bring it to pass."
Psalm 37:5 (NKJV)

Today's devo really convicted me because I am such a planner.  I know that a little planning is important because of the principle in 1 Corinthians:

"But everything should be done in a fitting and orderly way."  1 Corinthians 14:40

I suppose that I haven't found the proper balance yet.  

Also, I wanted to add that the verse before Psalm 37:5 (Psalm 37:4) is one of my favorite verses:
"Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart." (NKJV)

We're praying for our friends and others affected by Hurricane Sally.  Do you have any other prayer requests?  Leave a comment!

Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill




1 comment

  1. Hello,
    I am praying for my friend Lori today. She recently had reconstructive surgery. She is having the drains removed today. She also can not sleep in a regular position and her back is starting to feel it.
    Thank you,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.