Saturday, September 12, 2020

September 12, 2020

 



"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."
John 14:27

"This is what the Sovereign Lord, the Holy One of Israel, says:

'In repentance and rest is your salvation,
    in quietness and trust is your strength,
    but you would have none of it.' "
Isaiah 30:15

"The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds."
2 Corinthians 10:4

Today's devo really hits home.  I have a Twitter friend who invites everyone to pause at 7:14 (both AM and PM, depending on your time zone) to pray for our country.  I have been doing it, and I'd like to invite y'all to do the same.  It's very easy, just set your alarm on your phone and pray when you can.  If you miss the time, that's okay, too, but know that thousands of other people in your time zone are praying along with you.



"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
2 Chronicles 7:14

Have a blessed weekend, Lovelies!

Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill






3 comments

  1. I think that is a perfect idea. Happy Sunday. Have a wonderful start to the new week.
    xoxo
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do this with another friend who chose "5 at 5". Even if I miss it, she posts a daily devotional that can be read anytime. I love prayer prompts. Thank you for yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a friend who encouraged me to do this in July. 8am and 8pm.
    I do appreciate these posts, thank you for taking time to do them.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.