Thursday, September 3, 2020

September 3, 2020

 


"He says, 'Be still, and know that I am God;
    I will be exalted among the nations,
    I will be exalted in the earth.' "
Psalm 46:10

"She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord’s feet listening to what he said.  But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, 'Lord, don’t you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!'

'Martha, Martha,' the Lord answered, 'you are worried and upset about many things,  but few things are needed—or indeed only one.  Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.' "
Luke 10:39-42

"For God is not the author of confusion but of peace, as in all the churches of the saints."
1 Corinthians 14:33 (NKJV)

Are you more like Martha or Mary?  I am definitely more like Martha, but I'm trying very hard to be more like Mary.  I want to please Jesus by choosing better!

Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill


4 comments

  1. I think I am more of a Martha too and sometimes we need to be more of a Mary. Sometimes the little things in life over take the bigger picture especially now. We need to look at the blessings and know Jesus is with us during these hard times and we can leave the worry and just find the joy in each day. Happy Thursday sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get so caught up in day-to-day trivial matters. I pray God helps me focus on what's most important. Thank you again for this daily posting. Sometimes I get exhausted with my focus on social media and need to pull back, but I do love coming here and appreciated your beautiful visuals and verse prompts to Sarah Young's devo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I strive to be more like Mary. Just imagine how lucky these two women were.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am more of a Martha too. I am working at being more like Mary.
    Thank you so much for these posts my friend.
    Love, Carla

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.