Tuesday, September 8, 2020

September 8, 2020

 


There is power in the cross


"Why, my soul, are you downcast?
    Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
    for I will yet praise him,
    my Savior and my God."
Psalm 42:5

"For to be sure, he was crucified in weakness, yet he lives by God’s power. Likewise, we are weak in him, yet by God’s power we will live with him in our dealing with you."
2 Corinthians 13:4

"I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint."
Jeremiah 31:25

I don't know about you, but I need to be refreshed from the weekend.  I also need to take a break from the news for a little while, too.

Do y'all have any prayer requests?  We will pray for you today!

Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill


3 comments

  1. I so agree with taking a break from the news. I cry nearly every day from everything going on. Today's devotional is a great reminder to trust him even when the news is so depressing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too. The news is so depressing. Have a good rest of the week. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, I am taking a break from the news too.
    My prayer request is for our election to not be interfered with. That honesty will win the day. That absentee ballots and in voter voting will be conducted with honesty.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.