Wednesday, September 30, 2020

September 30, 2020

 


Just a friendly reminder to pray 2 Chronicles 7:14 for our country.  We need healing prayers!


"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."
Matthew 6:34

"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."
John 10:10

"Now listen, you who say, 'Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money.' Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. Instead, you ought to say, 'If it is the Lord’s will, we will live and do this or that.' "
James 4:13-15


Are you a planner?  I am, and I truly need to focus on the present.  Jesus has the future already planned out, and since he is God, he is already there!

For those of you who are praying for our country, thank you!  Please leave me a comment if you have a specific prayer request.

Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill






3 comments

  1. I often skip a day of reading my dailies, but try NOT to skip more than a day. I'm reading this on Oct 1, and the Jesus is Calling page of Sept 30 is SO relevant to me on EVERY day! Yes, I am a planner, it goes without saying. I cannot lie, I feel so accomplished when I can cross things off my list that I planned doing. But, I really get encouraged when the readings like today's show up when I most need them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a planner and organizer. Just in my blood to be that way. I have a hard time living in the present. I am always thinking and planning out future things. This is a good reading today to slow down and live in the presence. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a planner too. Thank you for this today.
    Yes, I am praying for our nation with you. I am praying the election will be honest in the way that it will be conducted. I am very nervous about fraud. I have to remind myself, God is in Control.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.