Saturday, September 5, 2020

September 5, 2020

 


Playful acorns on watercolor stripes
"They will be called oaks of righteousness."


"Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. You are my friends if you do what I command.  I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you."
John 15:13-15

    "...and provide for those who grieve in Zion—
to bestow on them a crown of beauty
    instead of ashes,
the oil of joy
    instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
    instead of a spirit of despair.
They will be called oaks of righteousness,
    a planting of the Lord
    for the display of his splendor."
Isaiah 61:3

"...sorrowful, yet always rejoicing; poor, yet making many rich; having nothing, and yet possessing everything."
2 Corinthians 6:10

Today's devo is quite the lesson in dualities; it is a very deep lesson full of mysteries.  My favorite part is that the King of Kings is also my best friend.  Pretty cool!


Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill





2 comments

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.