Thursday, April 15, 2021

April 15, 2021

 



"Surely God is my salvation;
    I will trust and not be afraid.
The Lord, the Lord himself, is my strength and my defense;
    he has become my salvation."
Isaiah 12:2

Trust me, and don't be afraid.


From the ends of the earth I call to you,
    I call as my heart grows faint;
    lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
For you have been my refuge,
    a strong tower against the foe.
I long to dwell in your tent forever
    and take refuge in the shelter of your wings.
Psalm 61:2-4



"But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord."
2 Corinthians 3:18 (NKJV)



The above verse teaches us that as the Law of Old Testament points us to Christ (because we are incapable of keeping it, therefore need a savior),  but the Spirit's ministry of grace is intended to make us like Christ (source).  It also illustrates that the veil in the Holy of Holies was ripped from top to bottom when Christ gave up his life for us.  There is no longer a separation between us and God, both figuratively and literally.  

Sweet lessons for today, Friends!  I hope you have a beautiful Thursday!


Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill


4 comments

  1. Ricky Jill, I am so greatful for this daily inspiration and devotion . I do have a prayer request... please pray for my son Matthew. Transformation from unhealthy living to God's best for him, he needs strength and help. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. You and your family are always in my prayers now too ! Love and Blessings , Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! I am adding Matthew to my prayer list. Thank YOU for your prayers, too.

      Delete
  2. P.S. Sorry I spelled your name incorrectly.. Ricki Jill . Forgive me. Sara xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.