Thursday, October 1, 2020

October 1, 2020

 


Welcome, October!


"...which God will bring about in his own time—God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords, who alone is immortal and who lives in unapproachable light, whom no one has seen or can see. To him be honor and might forever. Amen."
1 Timothy 6:15-16

" 'For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
    neither are your ways my ways,'
declares the Lord.
'As the heavens are higher than the earth,
    so are my ways higher than your ways
    and my thoughts than your thoughts.' "
Isaiah 55:8-9

"Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken the love you had at first."
Revelation 2:4

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."
Matthew 11:28


I can't believe it is October already!  I have a prayer request, and that is to continue to pray for our country as we are quickly approaching election day.

This month's theme verse (that's also a part of today's devo) is Matthew 11:28; you can find it in the sidebar until November. 

Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill





2 comments

  1. Happy October, Ricki Jill. Yes, we need to keep praying for our country. I don't want to fear what our future holds, so I trust when I pray that God will guide us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh after that debate it makes it real with this election coming forward. These are truly scary times. I am praying things in this country will turn around and we can truly find peace and better ways to live. 2020 is a nightmare that we cannot seem to wake from. Praying after the election whatever the outcome we will have peace. Not sure in my heart that will happen but I am praying hard for it. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.