Saturday, October 10, 2020

October 10, 2020

 


Silverpoint on silverpoint ground paper


"Trust in the Lord and do good;
    dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.
Take delight in the Lord,
    and he will give you the desires of your heart.

Commit your way to the Lord;
    trust in him and he will do this:
He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn,
    your vindication like the noonday sun."
Psalm 37:3-6

"And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:19

I constantly see memes, magazine articles, and books about "mindfulness."  I really have no idea what it means, but whenever I see it I immediately think of Jesus for some reason.  I know that's a little off-topic from today's devo, but I want to ask you: How do you remain focused on Jesus throughout the day, especially a busy day?  

Thank you for your prayers!  Shanley Belle successfully defended her dissertation Wednesday.  Sorry I haven't posted, but I decided to come home early yesterday afternoon due to Hurricane Delta.

Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill



1 comment

  1. So happy for Shanley Belle! But, boy, Mother Nature has a really crappy way of toasting her success! I hope they remain safe and weather the storm well.
    As for your question on mindfulness, I try to follow those who help me keep a focus. In the past few days, I have silenced so many for the next 30 days, and if that doesn't work, I'll unfollow. They do nothing more than dilute my focus.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.