Sunday, October 25, 2020

October 25, 2020

 


I've been spending a lot of time this week taking care of houseplants and thinking about Christmas and Poinsettias: Maybe we should't have them this year because of the new puppy in the family.  So today's devo has me focused on Christmas and the Advent season.  I can't wait!


"She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins... The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel (which means “God with us”)."
Matthew 1:21, 23

"You have made known to me the paths of life;
    you will fill me with joy in your presence."
Acts 2:28







What a gift, to have access to Jesus throughout the day.  I loved today's devo, and I'm challenging myself to discuss everything with Him especially during my busiest times.

I'm more excited about this year's Christmas than ever before.  I have a feeling it is going to be extra special.  What about you?


Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill


1 comment

  1. Your post comes at a time when my mom was visiting with me during the weekend regarding how we are not to have Thanksgiving in our traditional way. Our state has a new order of - out of the household members are encouraged to not visit. So in our case, we would have Thanksgiving for two, my husband and I. My boys would have to have Thanksgiving in their apartment.. just the two of them.. and so on.. so back to my discussion with my mom.. will we have Christmas services at our churches? Are we going to be locked down for Christmas as we are for Thanksgiving? No outside of household visitors? Will law enforcement be enforcing the order?
    Continuing to pray and keeping my eyes on Him!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.