Sunday, October 11, 2020

October 11, 2020

 


Silverpoint pumpkin


"Yes, my soul, find rest in God;
    my hope comes from him.
Truly he is my rock and my salvation;
    he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.
My salvation and my honor depend on God;
    he is my mighty rock, my refuge.
Trust in him at all times, you people;
    pour out your hearts to him,
    for God is our refuge."
Psalm 62:5-8

“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.”
Revelation 1:8

"But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;"
1 Peter 2:9 (NKJV)

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."
James 1:17

Today's devo was a special blessing to me.  I'm reminded our youngest daughter, who never wanted anything because she always "needed" it.  She thought that a need outweighed a want, and we'd be more likely to say "Yes!" to her request.

My favorite quote from the devo:

The only thing you absolutely need is the one thing you can never lose: My Presence with you.

Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill


2 comments

  1. Happy Sunday sweet friend. Enjoy the day. Happy New Week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.”
    Revelation 1:8

    I just finished a study in Revelations.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.