Wednesday, October 21, 2020

October 21, 2020

 


A photo from earlier in the year, prepping for a celebration
I'm determined to celebrate the everyday more often.


"Search me, God, and know my heart;
    test me and know my anxious thoughts.
See if there is any offensive way in me,
    and lead me in the way everlasting."
Psalm 139:23-24


"Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time."
1 Peter 5:6


"And he said:

'Naked I came from my mother’s womb,
And naked shall I return there.
The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away;
Blessed be the name of the Lord.' "
Job 1:21 (NKJV)





All good gifts and circumstances come from God.  Entitlement is rampant in our society rather than gratitude, unfortunately.  Praise him from whom all blessings flow!

(Notice how I'm focusing on the above from the devo rather than resentment and rebellious tendencies?  But it is comforting to know that the Holy Spirit can free us from them.)

Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill




Post a Comment

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.