Tuesday, March 2, 2021

March 2, 2021

 



Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die..."
John 11:25


“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
Matthew 11:28-29


"Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:

Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.
1 Peter 1:8-9 (KJV)


Today's devo reminds me of a poem I taught my HS students, "Thanatopsis" by William Cullen Bryant.  Basically the poem is about how we all share the same fate: death, so we might as well eat, drink and be merry.  The lyrical poem also glorifies natural death and makes it sound noble because we contribute to the continuation of nature.  I respectfully disagree because we have eternal life, which is even MORE noble: We are heirs to a heavenly inheritance! 

Please share your prayer requests with us today, Friends!


Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill 


2 comments

  1. Have a beautiful day today. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
    Matthew 11:28-29

    I needed this verse today. Thank you, Carla


    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.