Wednesday, January 20, 2021

January 20, 2021

 


Are you a planner?  Do you write things down on a calendar and make lists in notebooks?  Or do you keep up with your to-do list electronically?  
These notebooks are from Shabby Chic, and I love writing in them because of the paper quality; I'm old school!


“As the heavens are higher than the earth,
    so are my ways higher than your ways
    and my thoughts than your thoughts.
As the rain and the snow
    come down from heaven,
and do not return to it
    without watering the earth
and making it bud and flourish,
    so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,
so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
    It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
    and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.
Isaiah 55:9-11

Today's devo is another one I'll bookmark.  I like the lesson that when our plans are thwarted, we should lookout for what God's plans are for us for the day: He's the boss!

Let's pray for Carla's son Sam as he is in the WI NG and is on standby for riots in their state.


Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill



3 comments

  1. I am old school too. I like to have things written on paper. I know a lot of people like to put messages and things in their phones but I still like to have my list with me on paper! Have a great day. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a hybrid when it comes to organization. I keep both manual and electronic lists, sometimes even duplicating to satisfy my tinge of OCD. I am late to today's devotion but will keep Carla's son in my prayers today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am old school too.

    Thank you for the prayers for Sam.
    Our past president kept the United States out of war. The military respected and many loved him. This is a very difficult time, I am praying for their hearts to feel God as they wrestle with the feelings they have for the new president.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.