Monday, January 4, 2021

January 4, 2021

 


Our dining room is the darkest room in our house.  I was so happy to get a little sunshine in there today.  It reminded me of the December 28th devo, when we find joy in seeing simple things, like "sifting shades of sunlight."


"I have seen you in the sanctuary
    and beheld your power and your glory."
Psalm 63:2


"See, the Sovereign Lord comes with power,
    and he rules with a mighty arm.
See, his reward is with him,
    and his recompense accompanies him.
He tends his flock like a shepherd:
    He gathers the lambs in his arms
and carries them close to his heart;
    he gently leads those that have young."
Isaiah 40:10-11


"Where can I go from your Spirit?
    Where can I flee from your presence?
If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
    if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
    if I settle on the far side of the sea,
even there your hand will guide me,
    your right hand will hold me fast."
Psalm 139:7-10


I think I need to form a new habit, the one described in today's devo.  We are all creatures of habit, aren't we!  Maybe each time this month I reach for chocolate (not a good habit) I will instead say, "I trust you Jesus," and "ponder the depth and breadth of His love for me."  I'm not making light of today's lesson; I will write it on a post-it note and put it on the pantry door!  

Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill



1 comment

  1. I started my detox of sugar today. So this devo hits home for me too. Happy Monday. Have a great week. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.