Sunday, January 3, 2021

January 3, 2021

 



How great is Your goodness,
Which You have stored up for those who fear You,
Which You have performed for those who take refuge in You,
Before the sons of mankind!
You hide them in the secret place of Your presence from the conspiracies of mankind;
You keep them secretly in a [a]shelter from the strife of tongues.
Psalm 31:19-20 (NASB)


"I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace. In the world you have tribulation and distress and suffering, but be courageous [be confident, be undaunted, be filled with joy]; I have overcome the world.” [My conquest is accomplished, My victory abiding.]"
John 16:33 (AMP)





Today's devo is unusual because both Bible passages are from different translations, and neither are from the NIV.  I really loved the AMP translation of John 16:33~ "My conquest is accomplished, My victory abiding."  

Isn't it nice we have a "burden-bearer" in Christ Jesus!  :D

How is 2021 for y'all so far?  Does anyone have any praises?


Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill



2 comments

  1. Happy Sunday. Onward and upward we all can head now into the new year. Wishing you a great day today. Watching my two grandgirls this morning. They are such a blessing. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have praise for the blogging friends I follow who share their devotions! Thank you, you make my days better!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.