Sunday, August 23, 2020

August 23, 2020






This rose is in a pot on our deck.  It is called a Coat of Many Colors, and I thought it would be appropriate to post photos of it for today's devo.
 



"Now Israel loved Joseph more than any of his other sons, because he had been born to him in his old age; and he made an ornate robe for him.  When his brothers saw that their father loved him more than any of them, they hated him and could not speak a kind word to him."
Genesis 37:3-4

"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us..."
Ephesians 3:20

"The Lord replied, 'My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.' "
Exodus 33:14

This lesson really hit home for me.  I am the very definition of a helicopter mom, I admit.  I know I've put myself through unnecessary stress because I did not place our daughters in God's capable hands.  As school is starting back for both girls, I pray that God will bless their efforts and keep them on the path He has chosen for them.


Have a blessed Sunday, everyone!

Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill


3 comments

  1. We had the coat of many colors roses in our courtyard in our previous hone. I loved them. Wishing your girls a safe year, and you, mom, a mind at peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could not agree more. I worry too about my two grand girls starting back to school soon. It is a scary thought but praying God will keep them safe and give the wisdom to the teachers and school personnel to keep everyone safe. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your roses are lovely.
    I am with you, Sam started class today.

    As the boys have left the nestand are making their way in this big world, I pray they are safe and make good decisions. It is not easy to let go.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.