Monday, August 24, 2020

August 24, 2020

 


"A Pair of Apples"
6" X 6"
Oil on Canvas Board

Another back to school apple painting


"You have searched me, Lord,
    and you know me.
You know when I sit and when I rise;
    you perceive my thoughts from afar.
You discern my going out and my lying down;
    you are familiar with all my ways.
Before a word is on my tongue
    you, Lord, know it completely."
Psalm 139: 1-4


"But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near by the blood of Christ."
Ephesians 2:13


"God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God."
2 Corinthians 5:21


Not that we need yet another Bible verse to go along with this lesson, but I'm reminded of a verse shared I think during June in Jesus Calling:

"There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love."
1 John 4:18

This verse has resonated with me more than just about any other one since I started this daily devo in May.  Although it doesn't really relate at all to today's devo,  praying for the new school year is still on my heart for all the kiddos, PreK-College.

Has God placed anything specifically on your heart to pray about today?  We will pray along with you! Share in the comments section below!

Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill


2 comments

  1. Love will conquer and gives us hope in humanity. Praying for a great fall and the virus stay under control and we get to a better place and can then feel some security and hope in the future. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying as our state of Wisconsin is going into troubled times. May clear heads rise to the problem, before damage is done.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.