Thursday, July 15, 2021

July 15, 2021

 


Pale pink and white astilbe

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."
Matthew 6:34


But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.
2 Corinthians 12:9


"Trust in Him at all times, you people;
Pour out your heart before Him;
God is a refuge for us."
Psalm 62:8 (NKJV)



Today's devo is a not very gentle reminder that Jesus commands us not to worry about tomorrow: It's a command, not a suggestion.  This makes sense because if we go through our day depending on His strength, then we don't have time nor opportunity to worry about tomorrow.

Prayer requests?

In case you missed yesterday's post, click HERE for information about our new study starting in August!


Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill




3 comments

  1. Somehow, today's devo has a calming effect on me. I say that's progress! Thank you for recent prayers from you and others I've asked. I feel them being answered!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a good Thursday. I think worrying about things in our lives is just part of being human. It is hard thing to set aside and trust in God sometimes that he will see us through. It happens to be true but when you are in the middle of heavy worrying sometimes it is hard to trust. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for the worries we all have.
    Love, Carla

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts about the guided journaling. Feel free to share your prayer requests in comments, too.